Want to #gettoknowourtherapists at Wyoming Center for Clinical Excellence? Brian Edwards, LMFT, CATC, and Andrea Robertson, MSW, PLCSW, took some time to answer some fun questions below. Check them out!
What is your undergraduate degree in?
- Brian: Psychology
- Andi: Psychology
Where did you go to graduate school?
- Brian: California Lutheran University
- Andi University of Southern California
What is your favorite place you’ve ever lived?
- Brian: Italy
- Andi: Alaska
Favorite TV show?
- Brian: The Wire
- Andi: The Office
Favorite movie series?
- Brian: Indiana Jones
- Andi: Marvel’s Avengers
Favorite music genre
- Brian: Grunge
- Andi: 90s Hip Hop
What is your hidden talent?
- Brian: finding vintage records
- Andi: cartooning and doing intricate hairstyles.
First concert you ever went to?
- Brian: Metallica
- Andi: *NSYNC
What is something most people don’t know about you, but you are proud of?
- Brian: For the last 3-4 years I’ve worked really hard to identify myself by who I am not what I do.
- Andi: I spent several years volunteering as a Family Readiness Group (FRG) leader for the Army in both Alaska and Washington and volunteering with Soldier 360 helping Non-Commissioned Officers after returning from combat struggling with various issues.
What social stigma does society need to get over?
- Brian: Loving hair metal is something to be embarrassed about.
- Andi: That going to therapy means something is “wrong” with you. Everyone can benefit from therapy and it reflects strength, self-compassion, and bravery.
What is one thing you’re good at, but you hate?
- Brian: Running
- Andi: Cooking
What is your favorite thing about Wyoming?
- Brian: Low taxes and lifestyle
- Andi: Wyoming sunrises and sunsets
What is your favorite thing about Gillette?
- Brian: Community support
- Andi: My family and friends that live here.
What could you give a 40 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
- Brian: How to be yourself
- Andi: The brain
What is one thing you want people to try?
- Brian: Traveling somewhere nobody speaks English.
- Andi: Saying compliments out loud. If you catch yourself thinking something nice about someone, tell them. It is amazing how something as small as a compliment can really brighten someone’s day.
Brian Edwards, LMFT, CATC, is a co-founder of the Wyoming Center for Clinical Excellence in Gillette, Wyoming. Brian specializes in trauma, group counseling, marriage and family therapy and substance abuse and addiction therapy.
Andrea Robertson, MSW, PLCSW, is a co-founder of the Wyoming Center for Clinical Excellence. She has a background understanding the complex needs of veterans and their families, and sub-specialized in military social work. Andrea is well trained in group psychotherapy and has a passion for facilitating connections among people to achieve a greater sense of self, and a greater sense of belonging.